Quinoa Burrito Bowl with Spicy Chipotle Dressing
This vegan quinoa burrito bowl is packed with so much flavor, you won’t even miss the meat. Dressed with a creamy, spicy chipotle dressing, you’ll want to double the recipe and take it for lunch the next day. Lucky for you, all the components for this bowl keep and pack well.
Total Time: 25 minutes
· 2 cups cooked quinoa
· 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
· 1 bell pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
· 1 sweet potato, sliced into thin circles
· ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 small cucumber, sliced
· 1 small handful cherry tomatoes, sliced
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, spread evenly on a baking sheet, and bake until tender, 10-15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, sauté the sliced peppers over high heat with 1 tablespoon olive oil until charred and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
3. Divide the quinoa and lettuce between 2 bowls. Split the cooked potatoes and peppers between the bowls, and arrange with the sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and beans. Drizzle over the dressing, and serve extra on the side. Enjoy!
For the Dressing:
Makes roughly 1 cup
1. In a blender, combine ½ cup Vegenaise (or low fat mayo), 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1 clove garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Thin with 2-3 tablespoons cold water, and blend until smooth.