Smoked Salmon Sweet Potato Bites
If you're looking for a healthy, simple appetizer for holiday entertaining, look no further than these smoked salmon sweet potato bites. Super delicious and ready in a flash, these bites are the perfect starter for all your holiday parties and cocktail hours. Make up a bunch and watch them disappear!
Makes roughly 12 bites
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 1 small, thin sweet potato, sliced into ¼ inch round slices
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
• 3-4 slices of good smoked salmon
• 2 tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
• Fresh dill fronds, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. On the baking sheet, drizzle the slices of sweet potato with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss everything well to combine, and spread in an even layer.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the slices are fork tender and beginning to crisp at the edges, flipping the slices once half way through cooking.
4. Top each potato slice with a slice of tomato, and a dollop of sour cream or crème fraiche.
5. Set the bites out on a serving platter, and sprinkle top each bite with a frond of dill. Enjoy!