Spring Asparagus Tart
This quick and easy asparagus tart celebrates spring with its bright, lemony flavors & fresh seasonal produce. You’ll have everyone fooled when you serve this impressive looking dish. Its deceptively simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients, yet the results are company-worthy, and perfect for your Easter celebrations!
Total Time: 25 minutes
· 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
· 1 bunch of thin spring asparagus, tough ends trimmed
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
· ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Fresh herbs or micro-greens to serve (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll your puff pastry out on top of it.
2. Arrange the asparagus in an even layer over the puff pastry sheet, trying not to overlap them.
3. Drizzle the whole tart with the olive oil, and sprinkle over the lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Bake the tart for 15-20 minutes, until slightly golden and puffed.
5. Increase the oven temperature to 425, sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the tart, and bake for another 3-5 minutes. The cheese should be slightly softened and the tart crust a golden brown. Sprinkle with herbs or micro-greens if desired, and enjoy!