Lemon Ginger Margaritas
I’ve never met a margarita I didn’t like. This sweet and frosty version uses a whole lemon (or lime or orange) for a zesty kick, and fresh ginger for heat and spice. Toss all the ingredients in your blender, and you’ve got a delicious cocktail faster than you can say “fiesta!” Scroll down for a refreshing virgin option for any mamas-to-be.
Serves 2 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 5 minutes
· 1 whole lemon, cut into quarters (or use a lime or an orange if you prefer)
· 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled
· 1 tablespoon agave (optional)
· 3 ounces silver tequila
· 2 ounces triple sec orange liquor
· 3 or 4 ice cubes
· Salt or sugar for garnish, and extra lemon wheels to serve
1. In a high speed blender, add the lemon quarters, ginger, agave, tequila, and triple sec. Blend on high speed until the lemon and ginger are totally pulverized.
2. Add the ice cubes, and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can pour the mix over ice to serve.
3. Rim the edges of your glasses with sugar or salt if using, and garnish each margarita with a lemon wheel. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe also makes a healthy virgin drink. Just replace the alcohol with the same amount of water for a zesty healthy beverage that’s perfect for sipping on a hot day.