Strawberry Pink Peppercorn Smash
Summer strawberries have arrived in our little garden and I couldn’t be more excited. This bright cocktail comes with a spicy kick, thanks to a simple homemade pink peppercorn infused simple syrup that’ll take your at home cocktails to a whole new level. Make these with whatever berries you have available.
Makes 2 cocktails (with extra pink peppercorn syrup)
Total Time: 20 minutes
· 1 cup organic cane sugar
· 1 cup water
· 4 tablespoons pink peppercorns, crushed
· 1 lemon, zest removed and set aside
· ½ cup strawberries, stems removed, berries halved
· 3 shots vodka
1. In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar, water, peppercorns, and lemon zest. Bring it up to a boil, and let it cook down to a syrupy consistency, 5-6 minutes. Remove from the heat, strain out the solids, and whisk in the juice from your lemon.
2. In a shaker filled half way with ice, add the strawberries, vodka, and 2 shots of your pink peppercorn simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 1 minute, and then pour into two short glasses filled with ice. Garnish with a sliced strawberry, and enjoy!
Note: You can also top this cocktail with sparkling water or prosecco to make it light and bubby.
Use any remaining simple syrup in more cocktails, with sparkling water, and even in salad dressings for a sweet hit of flavor.