This frosty, boozy treat is just the thing to keep you cool this summer. Like your favorite childhood slushy, but with a grownup twist, this recipe blends frozen rosé wine with frozen strawberries for the ultimate in cool cocktails. Blend up a big batch for your Memorial Day Weekend celebrations- you’ll be the hit of the party!
Serves 2 (easily doubled)
Total Time: 10 Minutes (plus 6 hours to freeze the wine)
· 1 ice cube tray full of rose (most trays hold about ¾ of a normal size bottle)
· ½ cup frozen strawberries (substitute raspberries if desired)
· 3 tablespoons honey or agave, or the herbal simple syrup recipe below (optional, more or less to taste)
· 1-2 ice cubes, if needed
· edible flowers to garnish (optional)
1. Freeze the ice cube tray of rosé for 6 hours or overnight. It won’t freeze solid, but it should be hard on top and slushy underneath.
2. In a high power blender, add the frozen strawberries and sweetener of your choice, and blend until smooth. You might need to tamp the berries down to blend them completely.
3. Scoop in the frozen rosé, and blend until just combined. If the mix still looks thin, add 1-2 ice cubes as needed. Be careful not to over-blend, as the blender will start to melt the frosé.
4. Serve immediately, garnish with an edible flower if desired, and enjoy!
Herbal Simple Syrup
In a sauce pan, combine 1 cup water and 1 cup coconut sugar over medium heat. Bring up to a simmer, and add 1 sprig of thyme, 1 sprig of lavender, and 1 small handful fresh basil leaves.
Turn off the heat, and allow to steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the herbs, and keep in a jar in the fridge for up to 1 month. Use in cocktails, iced teas, lemonade, or for making fresh fruit popsicles.